Thursday, December 9, 2010

Where Steve finds What Steve's reading

Well, it's the end of the year, so here's a little retrospective on where I get my inspiration:

The Daily Dish. Written by Andrew Sullivan (a conservative gay Catholic Brit living in Washington DC) and hosted at The Atlantic. At ten years old, this is one of the Web's longest-lived blogs, and its reputation is well-earned. I don't always agree with Sullivan nor do I find everything interesting, but there's always something new and intellectually stimulating.

Longform.org. A site dedicated to collecting and linking to the best long-form journalism on the web. If you've read the articles from previous "What Steve's Reading" posts, chances are I found them on longform.org. They've also put together a best of 2010 list.

SLOG: Savage Love Blog. Dan Savage, writing for The Stranger in Seattle. For years I have enjoyed his weekly sex-advice column, now I read his blog to stay in touch with the West Coast gay scene.

This list doesn't count newspapers (NYT, CBC, BBC, and I'm trying to read Le Monde to brush up my French). My book pile to left.

No comments:

Post a Comment