Friday, December 17, 2010

범계 in white

After the heavy snowfall from the evening, my world (well, the part between home and work) was blanketed with white! While it didn't even last until that evening, I took the scenic route to work and took a few photos.

It's funny how the world is so changed by a coat of white: the dirtiest, ugliest places can become picturesque, while beautiful places can become boring expanses of white. I hope I've captured a bit of that in these photos.

It's also very interesting what different people see in wintertime photos. I was all exited at the snow in the picture out my window; my Grandma--being from Saskatchewan--was completely unfazed by the snow but was astounded at the monolithic apartment buildings rising dramatically from the white ground.

2 comments: