Saturday, December 11, 2010

A toast to 200 posts!

When I started this blog, I didn't really have a good conception of what it would turn into. Based on my patchy history of sending email updates back to my family from University, I half figured that the blog would run for a while and then fizzle, or perhaps have only a few updates a month.

It did look like this would happen for a while in the summer, but then a few things happened. First, I got my new camera. Suddenly everything became an object of photographic interest, and the blog sprung to life in living colour. A good hardware investment, I think.

Second, I've let From Korea With Love develop naturally by posting things that aren't strictly about my life. Judging by comments posted my readers are most interested in my own adventures; however, I can't resist posting links to the things I'm reading, little tidbits from class, cool photos I've taken of Seoul, and sometimes even longer writing on issues I'm thinking about. I hope these are entertaining and informative, but am not too concerned since the blog is not only a way to communicate my life back home, but a snapshot of my life in Korea that I will be able to look back on later.

Overall, the blogging process itself has been quite pleasant. It's a combination of writing, photography, art direction and information curation that I quite enjoy.

So - here's to you on your 200th post, From Korea With Love. May your three readers continue to enjoy you as much as your writer has!

4 comments:

  1. Don't think what you're reading and thinking goes unnoticed. It just would take too long to comment competently about. You've opened my eyes to many things I'd never have known. Just what the younger generation is supposed to do in this rapidly changing world. love, gm

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fully concur with Grandma. I find it all very interesting and informative and perhaps somewhat daunting to try to comment on the more cerebral aspects in a competent and coherent way without sitting down and writing an essay :))

    I do believe your following is much larger than 3 however! We're just not always vocal. I think this blog will be an excellent keepsake of your experiences and life in Korea and it is an excellent view into what an interesting and diverse person you are!

    Love mom xox

    ReplyDelete