Friday, April 2, 2010

발 리볼: Bal-li-bol part 2

Gratuitous pre-Korea volleyball photo!
An update to my volleyball post from earlier this week: I went to the Thursday night volleyball session for an hour from 9 to 10. Some of the same people were there, and some different - which was good, since the level of play was higher than I recalled from Tuesday. It was still recreational play, but I had lots of fun and broke a sweat. So satisfying after a month of no volleyball!

I also inquired about other leagues, and got one lead: some volleyball activity that supposedly happens on Sundays from 10am - 2pm. This is a 20 min subway ride from my house, but could be extremely worth it, so I will check it out this Sunday. (Easter here isn't quite as important as in the West.) According to the broken English of my new volleyball friend, it has something to do with Seoul National University. Or is the practice for the Seoul National University team. Or maybe is just held near Seoul National University. I wasn't quite sure on that point, but I'll know more on Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. great picture honey, I'm glad you found some volleyball people! and good luck on Sunday.
    mom xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Steve,
    So cool that you found some volleyball leagues to keep you exercising and meeting new people.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the gratuitous pre-Korea volleyball shot!

    ReplyDelete