Monday, November 29, 2010

Excitement this morning


I woke up this morning to a somewhat panicked Korean voice on my intercom -- which of course made disaster scenarios race through my mind -- and after a call from my friend Jay, found out that the butcher's shop on the first floor was on fire! We were being advised to stay in place, open windows and put damp towels under our doors.

Outside my window, there were three full-size fire trucks, two smaller fire vehicles, two ambulances and a police van. It was exciting in the dull, stuck-in-my-apartment kind of way.

Fortunately, the smoke cleared out of the hallways before I had to go to work, so on my way to work I took my camera and snapped a few pictures. The butcher's shop was, well... gutted.


Of course, the Korean restaurant right next to the butcher was open and ready for business.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww I love the people that worked there~they were always so funny T.T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a way to start the day and a least your ok.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete