Saturday, November 27, 2010

Quick life updates

The bad news: I still haven't heard from my replacement yet, so I'm still waiting in limbo and working my old/current job. It is now almost sure that I'll be transitioning in the new year.

The good news: I'm playing volleyball again! A group of Russians who play in Suwon (about an hour south) contacted me through the blog and asked if I wanted to join their weekly recreational games. I checked it out last weekend and went back today. The level isn't as high as I can play, but it's good enough to be fun, and there are other North Americans there! Although playing with the Korean teams was fun, it's really nice to be able to play and speak English at the same time.

Tonight, I'm off to a goodbye party (these are fairly frequent occurrences here) for a friend in Seoul.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds good Steve and I just went to my first Canucks game ever it was a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome, Jack! Glad you enjoyed the game. I'm jealous I couldn't be there too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're playing volleyball in English! Wishing we could see you at Christmas, gm

    ReplyDelete