Sunday, November 28, 2010

Weekend updates - new coat!


Last weekend I bought a custom made overcoat for the winter here. I picked it up today - and I love it so much I have to show it off here.

It's a long coat--down to the knee--of black cashmere. It fits perfectly and even has my name sewn into the inside! I feel like I've arrived. (Arrived at what, I'm still not sure.)

More weekend updates after the jump.

As mentioned, this weekend I played volleyball. After volleyball I went to lunch with two new friends from the games, Zack and Stephen. They live a little far away, but I'll probably see them again on weekends. After lunch and a rest, I headed up to Seoul for my friend James' going-away party. (The picture below is James and myself.)

The evening was tons of fun! We started in Gangnam at a bar called Oktoberfest. Any guesses what the theme of the bar was? (Hint: their food options started with "assorted sausage and kimchi".) It was a microbrewery, so we actually had some decent beer. After this, we headed to Itaewon to hit up the gay bars. After a night of drinking, the bulgogi I had at 5am was such a good end to the evening!

Today I enjoyed my hangover in the best way: staying in bed and watching West Wing episodes while letting my laundry machine slowly clean my clothes for the new week. In the later afternoon I headed up to Itaewon again to pick up my coat and have dinner with my friend Kate, who writes the debate curriculum I teach. We had a scrumptious Indian dinner at a beautifully decorated restaurant called Agra. My mouth is still watering remembering the tandoori chicken, lamb curry, mutter paneer, and of course garlic naan. Mmmmmm.

2 comments:

  1. Very nice Steve, I like the coat and my parents love to watch West Wing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a handsome young man. Reminds me of the picture of Grandpa in his youth, strutting with his new coat. Keep safe Gabmac

    ReplyDelete