Tuesday, August 3, 2010

What Steve's reading...

... short stories edition! Among the books I bought in Malaysia were three volumes of short stories, which I have picked up first to read.

Notwithstanding, Louis de Bernieres. A collection of marvelous short stories set in rural England in the middle of the 20th century. Once again I wish I could write like de Bernieres.

Zima Blue, Alastair Reynolds. Hard Science Fiction (that is, interested in the ramifications of real physics on future technology) and space opera that is still the perfect escape for me. Plus, it's well written!

Stories, edited by Neil Gaiman and Al Sarrantonio. I'm only halfway through this one, but so far each story has been captivating and unique. The collection blends genres, so each new tale is like a gem waiting to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment