Thursday, August 26, 2010

My return to the debate world


I went to a university debate tournament last weekend! The Asian Debate Institute, a week-long debate camp, was taking place in Seoul, and my friend Michael (the current President of the UBC Debate Society) was there doing some training. Also, I wanted to do some networking in the Asian debate community before starting my new job. (More on that later.)

It was nice in a lot of ways only a debater would understand. For example, I had to wait for 45 minutes and watch a round before I could talk to anyone. When they realized I was also a debater, they welcomed me immediately and invited me to dinner. I came back the next day to watch the outrounds (quarterfinals, semis and finals), which were pretty decent.

Oh, and in case it's not clear, all this debate is in English.

And I can never stay away from a piano...

1 comment: