Thursday, March 18, 2010

A teaser


Hi everyone - I seem to be on the mend, which is nice going into the weekend! Tonight I went with a coworker on an epic late-night grocery shopping adventure to Home Plus. Full post tomorrow, so consider this the teaser post. The picture above is the row of red pepper paste. Keep in mind that this isn't a super-huge grocery store - its grocery section is about the size of most average Safeways or IGAs. And they devote a whole row to the red pepper paste.

But the really epic quest of tonight was to find the one food group I have been lacking since leaving Vancouver... (cue my mother being proud of me)... Vegetables! In a store that devotes an aisle to red pepper paste (not to mention the aisles for noodles, rice and soy sauce), will I be able to find vegetables? You'll have to tune in later to find out!

5 comments:

  1. Ah Stephen - vegetables are overrated anyway! I only eat them because Mom makes me too...
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture reminds me of the market place in China. I found it interesting walking around the place seeing what is the same or different compared to stores in North America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cue - your mother is proud of you! and good thing you think about vegetables yourself because you obviously didn't learn that from your father! :))
    xox mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oops - forgot Mom was up to speed on this blog thing...
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to be anonymous to get around the original problem of having a user name/pin number and all that stuff. But I managed and I'm proud of you too!! gm

    ReplyDelete